Thursday, June 21, 2018

Sometimes you win, Sometimes you lose ...

And some games get rained out. But you dress for every game.

Ok. So it is not possible for me to have been more wrong about my predictions for Alone Show Season 5. I had Carleigh Fairchild winning the whole thing.

I forgot to factor in freak accidents and fish hooks. But as Sam Larson tweeted at me later: Carleigh was a good choice. "Carleigh is a beast," Sam said. She was just the wrong choice. I hope they let her come back again for a third try. And Carleigh did finish third in this online web poll taken before the show: https://www.offgridweb.com/survival/poll-alone-season-5-who-will-survive-longest/

So now I have to revise my predictions. I am not sure I learned anything from the first episode that would inform or change my thinking (except now I am certain Carleigh will not win). We definitely do not know anything new about Larry Roberts and Brooke Whipple as they did not even make an appearance in the first episode. Alone Show fandom will not be happy if they are not featured prominently tonight and in coming weeks. They are definitely favorites.

Another fan favorite - Nicole Apelian WAS on the first episode a lot. She was back to her old ways of chasing down strange, terrifying creatures in a foreign  land. My reaction to strange noises in the wilderness would be to build a large fire and cower behind it, probably with an ax. (Yes, that's right, it would be one of my 10 items. I am not going into the wilderness without an ax. I did not even sleep in my Boy Scout summer camp tent without an ax underneath my pillow.)

Here are my updated predictions:

Larry Roberts 88 Days (Winner)
Jesse Bosdell 80 Days
Brooke Whipple 72 Days
Dave Nessia 60 Days
Nicole Apelian 45 Days
Sam Larson 43 Days
Randy Champagne 40 Days
Britt Ahart 38 Days
Brad Richardson 15 Days
Carleigh Fairchild (Tapped Out Day 6)

No comments:

Post a Comment